Pages

4/2/12

An afternoon in Kuching.

Went forr a trip into town yesterday (Sunday April 1st...no really!) with the intention of shooting the skaters and bikers who were in town for a 'convention / meet'. Sadly I had the days wrong and they were already packing up when I arrived. I decided to have a wonder around town anyway and take some shots. I had a few ideas in mind already.
One was the idea of a stage, e.g. find a location and shoot the people as they fill it, I already had the location in mind, which turned out better than expected as I was able to combine that idea with another of my favourite shot types...the reflection. I stood in the narrow passage called Jalan Mosque and pointed my lens at a conveniently placed mirror mid way down the passage.

I'm also fond of what I would call textures (usually of architectural features) and wondering round looking up gives one a different view of Kuching's architecture than if one purely focuses on street level, so I've included a few of those shots below too.

It's hard to photograph Kuching without the State Legislative building, with its golden top, being in there somewhere and the weather at the time was being very accommodating and providing a nice backdrop.
 
Then the weather took a turn for the worse in a big way, so I headed back to the car and saw the dark foreboding clouds highlighting the buildings near by, the Central Kuching mosque being the most prominent.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your comments