Pages

12/6/09

Diving in Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka

Went diving this weekend, first time since April (because of the monsoon) and while visibility wasn't ideal, it was good enough. Saw some interesting stuff, a very large grouper (4ft long, 2ft wide), a few large Moray eels, lots of lovely soft corals in various hues and clouds and clouds of tropical fish too numerous to mention. It was great to be under the waves again, so easy to forget how amazing it is down there.

If you don't dive, I highly recommend it, it's access to a world that we wouldn't otherwise sea (sic).

On the down side, whilst clearing my mask during a decompression stop, I let in a small jellyfish which proceeded to sting me in the eye, that hurt a lot! I really don't recommend that bit.

PADI official website

1 comment:

  1. you're quite adventurous aren't you Gary... ? Scuba diving, never tried and don't want to try... But I can imagine it's a beautiful world down under , what about rubbish , do you find it when you're diving or no one throws away rubbisb into the sean in Sri Lanka... I once was bitten by a fish and it hurt like hell...
    Sri Lanka seems to be in another world to me...

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comments